The UNESCO Chair of the University of Management “TISBI” was established on November 9, 1998 by means of an agreement between Federico Mayor, Director-General of UNESCO and Nella Pruss, Rector of the University.
As a Party to UNITWIN programme, the Chair is one of 65 UNESCO Chairs in Russia and the first in the Republic of Tatarstan.
The general ideology of the UNESCO Chair at University of Management "TISBI" is the quality of education and development of teaching process, the use of efficient technologies for adults.
Members of the UNESCO Chair:
- Leading experts of the University of Management “TISBI”;
- Scientists of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- Representatives of state bodies, business and voluntary organizations of the Republic.
“Training and Retraining Specialists in a Market Economy” is a unique direction among other UNESCO Chairs in Russia.
The Goals of the Chair:
- Initiate courses which are provided on an ongoing basis, summer schools, retraining and strengthen adult education;
- Initiate courses of extended vocational education for students to make them able to compete in global markets;
- Research work on experiences of other countries in the field of training and retraining specialist in market economy and labor market research of the Republic of Tatarstan.
UNESCO programmes within which the Chair undertakes its operations:
I. The major UNESCO programmes
- Communication and information.
- Social sciences and humanities.
II. Special subjects
- Science education.
III. The main UNESCO programmes in Russia
- Strategy for education.
- Sharing of best practices.
- UNITWIN/UNESCO Chair.
- UNEVOC Network.
- UNESCO Associated Schools Network.
The Chair is actively involved in Russian Committees for UNESCO Programmes:
- Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO;
- Commission of the Republic of Tatarstan for UNESCO;
- Commission of the Republic of Tatarstan for Protection of World Heritage Sites;
- TISBI Institute of continuing education;
- Adult Education Center;
- Resource center for education of disabled people in Volga Federal District;
- TISBI Legal Clinic;
- TISBI Center for pre-university education and vocational guidance;
- TISBI Recruitment Agency;
- TISBIsness (TISBUSINESS) Youth Entrepreneurship Center;
- TISBI Training Practice Center
Ph.D., Member of the Coordinating Committee of UNESCO Chairs in the Russian Federation, UNESCO ASPnet National Coordinator of the Russian Federation, Head of the UNESCO Chair and UNEVOC Centre at the University of Management “TISBI”, President of the University of Management “TISBI”
Executive Director, director of the Institute of Service at the University of Management “TISBI”, Head of Service and Tourism Department.
Main areas of activity:
- Developing and implementing education projects within UNESCO Programmes in Russia "UNITWIN / UNESCO Chairs" and "Lifelong Learning and Adult Education";
- Research work in major UNESCO Programmes in the field of Russian science “Reform of Russian Science and Support of Russian Academy of Science” and “Management of Social Transformations”;
- Development of Social Partnership Institution in Education;
- Collaborative Capacity Development of UNESCO Chairs and Expansion of international Relations in Education;
- UNESCO Associated Schools Network Project;
- UNESCO-UNEVOC Projects on Vocational Education;
- Cultural and Educational Work within “UNESCO and Youth” and “Culture of Peace” Programmes.
- Dissemination of Information on UN and UNESCO;
- Environmental Security;
- World Cultural and Natural Heritage;
- Human Rights and Rights of the Child;
- Implementation of Innovative ICT and Educational Technologies;
- Social Leadership;
- Health Promotion;
- Fostering Young Talents;
- Solution to the problems of vulnerable populations;
- Implementation of International Educational Programmes.
Scientific facilities at the UNESCO Chair:
- Regional Aspects of Innovative Development of Russian and Republic of Tatarstan Economy;
- Traditions and Innovations in interaction of business, state and societies;
- Human Capital Development and Conservation;
- UNESCO and Youth.
The Chair main activities are Russian and international scientific and practical conferences, seminars, round tables and forums.
Annual international scientific and practical conferences, students forums, round tables are convened under the auspices of UNESCO. Persons with proven competence and expertise in science, culture and education from different countries, representatives of foreign embassies and consulates, members of the government of the Republic of Tatarstan are always associated with these events.
Being an international research and training center, the Chair is always aimed at collaboration with UNESCO Chairs around the world, research and training institutions in Russia, CIS countries and other regions of the world.
The University of Management “TISBI” has signed the Agreement to establish branches of the UNESCO Chair in Nizhny Novgorod, Ulyanovsk, Cheboksary, Ufa, Rostov-on-don, Vladikavkaz, Samara, Tyumen and other cities. Thus, the Chair is enabled to exchange ideas, projects for adult education, science and culture.
Directions of cooperation between Russian and International UNESCO Chairs
- Social cooperation for adult education;
- Teaching of various categories of adult population;
- Supplementary education for disabled people;
- Increase adult’s participation in educational management;
- Training of specialists
Cooperation with UNESCO Chairs in Russia
- “The Earth Charter”, Kazan;
- “Bioethics”, Kazan;
- “Education in a Multicultural and Multi-Religious Society”, Ufa;
- “Education Sciences”, St. Petersburg;
- “Network project for education and intercultural dialogue”, St. Petersburg;
- “Distance Education in Engineering”;
- “International (Multicultural) Education and Adaptation of Migrant Children in Schools”, Moscow;
- “Human Rights and Democracy”, Moscow;
- “Public Administration and Management of Socio-Economic Processes”, Moscow;
- UNESCO Chair on Asian and African studies: "Modern methods of studying and teaching", Moscow,
- “Education for sustainable development of cooperatives’, Belgorod.
Cooperation with UNESCO Chairs abroad
- “Transforming the lives of people with disabilities, their families and communities through physical Education, Sport, Recreation and Fitness”, Institute of technology, Tralee, Ireland;
- UNESCO Chair in Values Education-Learning to Live Together, The University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNESCO Chair on Transforming the Lives of People with Disabilities through Physical Education Sport, Fitness and Recreation, the Munster Technological University (formerly Institute of Technology Tralee).